We are looking for a Support Engineer with passion for providing great customer service to join the team. The role will involve providing proactive and reactive Support services to our customers and supporting the internal Veneka team.
Job may require shift work as part of a 24/7/365 service desk.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effective request, incident and problem management – Manage business requests within SLA time-frames. Fix incidents within SLA time-frames. Write detailed incident reports on problems. Take ownership and responsibility for resolving problems. Ensure all stakeholders are updated during the process of resolving the problem
- Adherence to IT governance, risk and compliance standards – Maintain awareness of the control framework.
- Provide ad hoc reports in line with stakeholder requests. Develop reports and metrics as required.
- Stakeholder engagement – Build strong relationships across the group. Identify and acts on opportunities to share knowledge and lessons learnt.
- Able work independently and in a team
- Must be flexible in being able to handle after-hours requests
The suitable candidate must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Generalist IT knowledge and technical understanding of the different components of relevant operating systems or components: Hardware, Software, Networks and Applications
- Vendor management skills
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Issue Management Platforms and
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. JIRA, Solarwinds etc)
To apply please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference JSE2018 by 11 February 2019